What Is Local SEO?
This is basically the process to optimize online content as well as online presence for ranking higher in Google’s local search-results. This includes optimizing the website(s) for some particular keywords, formulating local listings as well as directories, and much more.
How Can Local SEO Benefit Local Businesses?
Local SEO is important for any business that wants to be visible in local search results. Whether you have a brick-and-mortar store or an online business, if you want customers in your area to find you, you need to optimize your site for local search.
How Does Local SEO Work?
- Search engines have evolved gradually. Earlier, there were a few websites only, but now the story is different! Today, there are many factors in any business’s digital footprint.
- When anyone types a search phrase in Google, the search engine checks the pattern(s) of different websites’ signals, and/or ranking factors, like the relevancy of any website, to provide a list of websites matching that search.
- Google uses algorithms to read and index the content uploaded on the websites to provide relevant search results. So, it prefers original, verified, structured, and authenticated content.
- It is important to generate organic traffic to your website for ranking higher on Google.
- Local SEO is an altogether different pattern. After Google analyzes user behavior during a myriad of searches, it figures that certain people seek some specific types of businesses from some immediate regions. So, the proximity factor is included. This is where local SEO becomes helpful for businesses.
How to Get Started with Local SEO?
To get started with local SEO, it is important to claim and verify your GMB (Google My Business) listing. This is your opportunity to provide Google with your business name, address, phone number, categories, hours, and other important information. Once your listing is verified and complete, you can show up in local search results when people search for your business or services near them. In addition to claiming and verifying your GMB listing, you can also optimize your website for local SEO. By following these tips, you can improve your local SEO, and get more visibility & traffic from locals searching for your products or services.
How to Optimize Your Website for Local SEO?
There are a number of things you can do to optimize your site for local SEO. Here are a few tips:
- Optimize your website for local keywords. Make sure your website includes relevant local keywords. This will help your site show up in search results when people in your area are searching for businesses like yours.
- Create local listings and directories. There are several local listings and directories you can create for your business. These can help improve your visibility in local search results.
- Make sure your NAP is consistent. It is important to have your NAP (name, address, and phone number) consistent across all of your online listings and directories. This will help Google trust your listing and show it in search results.
- Use local schema markup. This is actually a code, which can be added to the website(s) to let Google understand the content uploaded on the website(s). Adding this to website(s) can help website(s) to show up in local search-results.
- Use social media. Using this is a tried and trusted way these days to better connect with your potential clients and/or current customers alike.
Widepool Local SEO Services
Looking for an affordable and effective way to improve your local SEO? Look no further than Widepool! Their local SEO services are designed to help businesses like yours improve their online visibility and attract more local customers. With Widepool, you can expect:
- Website is largely visible online in local search-results
- More website traffic from local customers
- Increased leads and sales from your local market
Are you ready to get started? Contact today to learn more about Widepool’s local SEO services!