- First, local SEO is focused on optimizing your website for searchers in a specific geographic area. This means that your keyword research will be different, as you’ll be targeting keywords that are relevant to your city, state, or region.
- Second, local SEO is about more than just ranking in organic search results. It also includes directories, maps, and review sites. This means that you’ll need to be active on these platforms to ensure that your business is visible to potential customers.
- Finally, local SEO is ever-changing, as Google is constantly updating its algorithms to provide the best results for users. This means that you need to be proactive in your SEO efforts to keep up with the latest changes.
So, do you wish to know how is local SEO different from generic SEO? Well! For starters, local SEO is all about optimizing your website for a specific geographic location. This means that your keywords will be targeted towards people who are searching for businesses in your area. Generic SEO, on the other hand, is not location-specific and instead focuses on keywords that are relevant to your business in general. Another major difference is that local SEO puts a lot more emphasis on citations and directories. This is because when people are searching for local businesses, they often use directories to find what they’re looking for. Citations help to improve your visibility in these directories, which can ultimately lead to more traffic and conversions. Finally, local SEO is also about building up your online reputation. This means creating positive reviews and testimonials, as well as making sure that your NAP (name, address, and phone number) is consistent across the web. These factors are all important in helping you rank higher in search engine results pages and draw in more local customers.
- For one, local SEO is designed to target local audiences. This means that your keywords and content will be geared towards people in your area. Generic SEO, on the other hand, is designed to target a wider audience.
- Another key difference is that local SEO is more focused on driving traffic to brick-and-mortar businesses. This means that your website will be optimized for things like Google Maps and Yelp listings. Generic SEO, on the other hand, is more focused on driving traffic to online businesses.
- Finally, local SEO is more concerned with generating leads and conversions. This means that your website will be designed to capture leads and convert them into customers. Generic SEO is more concerned with generating traffic and getting people to your website.
If you happen to be a local business, then you need to make sure you are doing local SEO. Generic SEO will only get you so far. You need to make sure that you are targeting your local audience and driving traffic to your business. Else, you would miss out on many profiteering potential customers. For getting the best SEO services, you may come in touch with Widepool’s expert SEO professionals, who know their job well, and will bring the best conversions for your business!