LinkedIn is the world’s largest most popular professional networking tool, and it’s an excellent platform for connecting and creating a strong network of professionals from diverse industries and backgrounds. It’s a platform where you can inspire others by posting inspiring stories about your business, get inspired from the leaders and influencers by interacting with them, and also showcase your achievements and activities to help others know about the services or products that you can offer. Here are top 10 networking tips that the team at Widepool compiled specifically for you to help you figure out how to network on LinkedIn to reap the true benefits of this one of the most highly influential social media platforms.
- Complete Your Profile: A strong profile is the foundation of a strong LinkedIn presence. Make sure your profile is 100% complete, with a professional photo, an up-to-date resume, and informative descriptions of your work experience and skills.
- Connect With People You Know: LinkedIn is a great way to stay in touch with old colleagues, classmates, and other professionals you know. By connecting with people you know, you can start building your network right away.
- Connect With Your Connections’ Connections: LinkedIn allows you to see who your connections are connected to. This is a great way to expand your professional network quickly.
- Use LinkedIn’s Search To Find People You Value: LinkedIn’s search function is a great way to find other professionals in your field, and in fact from diverse fields, industries, or domains that might interest you. You can do a search to target a specific location, industry, or targeted keywords.
- Join Relevant Groups: Groups are a great way to expand your network and connect with like-minded professionals. LinkedIn has groups practically for about every industry vertical and known profession.
- Get Involved In Discussions: LinkedIn groups often have discussions going on, and getting involved in these discussions is a great way to grow your network quickly. You can contribute your thoughts and showcase your expertise on different subjects, and also have the opportunity to learn from the experiences of others.
- Start Your Own Group: If you can’t find a relevant group to join, or if you want to take a more active role in networking, consider starting your own group. This is a great way to build your personal brand and attract new connections.
- Create Great Posts & Share Valuable Content: Writing and publishing articles on LinkedIn is a great way to show your expertise in a particular field and to attract new connections. If you can’t think of anything to write about, consider writing about your experience in your industry, or offer tips and advice on most relevant subjects.
- Give Recommendations: Recommendations are a great way to show your support for other professionals, and to build your own credibility. When you give recommendations, be sure to include a personal message explaining why you’re recommending the person.
- Seek Out Opportunities: LinkedIn is a great resource for finding job opportunities where potential employers are always on the lookout for the best industry talent. Whether you are looking for a job or looking for a professional profile, you can connect with your target seamlessly by browsing profiles and connecting using In-mail.
By following these tips, you can make the most of LinkedIn and expand your professional network. In case you need more information, you can contact the social media and digital marketing experts at Widepool.
Widepool – A New-Age Digital Marketing Company Helping Entrepreneurs Establish A Very Powerful LinkedIn Network!