As a business owner, you know how important it is to rank high in search engine results. But what about ranking high in local search results? Local SEO is just as important as regular SEO, if not more so. After all, if someone is searching for a business like yours in their local area, they’re much more likely to convert into a paying customer. There are many benefits to optimizing your website for local search, including improved visibility in search engines and increased traffic from potential customers.
Local SEO Tips & Strategies
If you’re not sure how to get started, here are some advanced local SEO tips and strategies to help you out:
- Look for Some Local Keywords for Optimization: One of the most important aspects of local SEO is choosing the right keywords to optimize for. To do this, you’ll need to research which keywords are most relevant to your business and location. You can use a tool like Google’s Keyword Planner to help you with this.
- Try Embedding a Google Map on Your Website’s “About Us” Page: Another great way to optimize your website for local search is to embed a Google Map on the ‘About Us’ page. This will help search engines understand your location and rank your website accordingly. Plus, it will also give potential customers an easy way to find your business.
- Use Location-Specific Keywords above the Fold: When someone does a local search, they’re typically looking for something nearby. So, it’s important to use your location-focused keyword in your website’s title tag, which is one of the first things that search engines look at. This will help ensure that your website appears in relevant search results.
- Homepage Title Tag Optimization Should Be Done around Two or Three Keywords: In addition to using your location-focused keywords, you should also optimize your homepage title tag around 2-3 other relevant keywords. This will help your website rank for a variety of different keywords, increasing your chances of being found by potential customers.
- Optimizing Meta Descriptions for Local Searchers: Your website’s Meta descriptions are also important for local SEO. When someone does a local search, Google will often show the Meta description accompanying your website in the search results. So, make sure to include your location-focused keyword and other relevant keywords in your Meta descriptions to improve your visibility.
- Claim & Optimize Local Business Listing: One of the best things you can do for your local SEO is to claim and optimize your local business listing. This will help improve your website’s visibility and provide potential customers with information about your business. You can claim your local business listing by visiting Google My Business.
- Add Local Reviews: Adding local reviews to your website can also help improve your local SEO. When potential customers see that your business has been positively reviewed by others, they’re more likely to trust you and consider doing business with you. You can collect reviews by using a tool like Google Maps or Yelp.
Avail of Widepool’s Local SEO Services
By following these Local SEO tips and strategies, you can help your business rank higher in local search results, driving more traffic and customers to your site. Surely, these tactics won’t replace the good old GMB optimization or NAP building, but they are sure to provide you some bump with those nice little rankings you are looking for! Also, if you are looking for some expert professional intervention in this regard, then the very talented team of Widepool can help you with the task, while you relax and sit back, and see the benefit of conversions happening to your business and brand.